I will be Audacious in 2018!
In 2017, I played small with myself (and you might have been too), with my blog and with this whole creative thing.
Come close, I have a secret to tell you! I had no real idea about this travel blogging world before I started blogging.
I only read beauty or fitness blogs from YouTubers. I watched and didn’t know that they were blogs … just someone’s website.
I always thought I was a scientist using the analytic side of my brain … not the creative side. That was what I spent most of my young life doing.
I always watched the National Geographic Channel. I loved seeing the animals running across the desert, eating weird and wonderful food from street markets in South Korea or the customs of a recently discovered indigenous tribe in some far away country. As a child, I could see myself observing them, taking notes and pictures. Reporting back to the world this new and interesting place or food. I could be a travel writer!
But life had other plans for me …. Until now.
Last year was my first year of travel blogging and creative writing and it was a steep learning curve, to say the least.
No one tells you this travel blogging thing is no joke, with loads of work (when you already work full-time and your commute totals 5 hours a day). I have a new found respect for all the top bloggers no matter what they blog about.
It takes a lot to get to the top in blogging. A lot of heart, hustle, man-size Kleenex and waterproof mascara. It also takes a lot of overcoming your fear of rejection and self-doubt daily.
And last year, all my fears, doubt, coding, SEO, and ignorance were in overdrive.
I played small. I didn’t have the confidence to pitch to brands or just own my shit because I was new to all this.
But no more playing small, underestimating myself or my creative abilities. In 2018, I will be audacious and bold with my blog. It will reflect more of my style and personality (so hold on to your hats).
I am still fine-tuning my writing style and voice.
But I’ll be going after what I want for my blog, the content I want to create and how I want to express myself.
These are some of the goals I will achieve for my blog in 2018:
- Bring my readers content that is resourceful, adds value and enhances their travel experience of a destination with some rambling about myself or thoughts are thrown in.
- Go on a press trip
- Work with at least five brands that I love
- Become a Fujifilm X-series photographer (chicas pray for me with this one, as I am consistently trying to improve my photography skills). I love this brand, their craftsmanship is impeccable and I shot with a Fujifilm X-T2 camera I can’t recommend it enough.
- Share more travel tips and content about London from a local perspective. I love spending the weekend exploring amazing and exciting things happening in and around London.
- Travel to 5 countries and some places around London.
- Morocco – I want to return to Morocco because I loved it when I visited a few years ago
- Amsterdam – Again
- Prague – Because I love architecture as you can tell from all the photos on my Instagram which includes some beautiful and colourful buildings in Prague.
- Jamaica – For Christmas
- The fifth country – I’m leaving for the universe to work out.
- Continue to improve my writing and photography skills
- Make friends with more travel bloggers in London and build a community with other bloggers
These goals are large but exciting to me. By having these goals, I’m streamlining my blog and creating fun and interesting content that I love and that will be of most value to you.
Yes, these goals may seem a little audacious for a new travel blogger but that’s the whole point. I’m acting bold and as my favourite book ‘The Alchemist’ states ‘And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it’.
So, in 2018 be audacious with the goals that you want to achieve as the universe is waiting to conspire with you towards achieving it!